A security update to the 4.1 version will be released in a few minutes. By the time most of you read this it will already have been released.
The security update increases the security of passwords by using a more robust encryption algorithm. The maximum length of passwords is now 100 characters (it was previously 13). The minimum length of passwords is still 6. Passwords can still consist of any printing character, including spaces and tabs.
You'll be required to log in again. If you do not remember your password then click on the Request New Password link on the login page just above the upper left of the login box.
I had a few security login issues, but they went away.
This is what I remember:
1. My login wouldn't work.
2. I requested a new password using the link. -my email is a yahoo account and easily accessible on my phone, but not easily accessible on my computer -therefore, I looked up the email on my phone, leaving my computer on the "...an email has been sent to you.." screen.
3. On my phone, I opened the email. -the link was not clickable, but I just copied and pasted it into a browser (on my phone) and it took me to the reset-password screen
4. I entered in a new password (on my phone) -this worked, and I went to a screen that said something like "...Contratulations Stile! ...You have successfully activated your account..." -I closed the browser on my phone at this point
5. Went back to my computer and clicked on the Login button to login -entering my credentials, it wouldn't work... it would say my password didn't match
Now, I tried this a few times, and it wouldn't work. Then, all of a sudden, it did work.
I think this is what I did differently to get it to work, but I'm not sure:
1. My login wouldn't work. -same as above
2. I requested a new password using the link. -same as above
3. On my phone, I opened the email. -same as above
4. I entered in a new password (on my phone) -this worked, and I went to a screen that said something like "...Contratulations Stile! ...You have successfully activated your account..." -NO LONGER THE SAME AS ABOVE -I noticed that I was, actually, logged in as "Stile" correctly (I think this happened before, too) -I did not close my phone-browser at this point -I used my phone and navigated "somewhere else" on the forums, opened a thread or something (can't really remember) -I left my phone browser open
5. Went back to my computer and clicked on the Login button to login -entering my credentials, it worked without issue
6. I then closed my phone browser
7. I went back to my computer, logged out, logged in again... and it still works fine.
Sorry that happened. If you liked your old password the software doesn't check for old passwords and you can reuse it.
I think you may have gotten caught in mid-release. I had to release the software before updating the database, and if you tried to log in after the software was released but before the database was updated then you would have had to request a new password.
If anyone else is still experiencing this problem please let me know. I'll try to replicate the problem myself, but that will have to wait an hour or so as I'm in the middle of something else.